Customer Engagement via WhatsApp Broadcast- Do you know everything about it? WhatsApp broadcast is a feature that allows users to send a message to many contacts at once. This feature is useful for businesses and individuals who want to send a message to a large group of people. The broadcast message appears as a normal message in the recipient’s chat. The sender can see who has received and read the message.
To extend the interplay between merchants and consumers, many eCommerce companies use WhatsApp as their essential client communication channel. This additionally allows them to control purchaser relationships effectively. When turning into a large range of messages via WhatsApp, E-commerce can consider using WhatsApp broadcast. Furthermore, eCommerce can use WhatsApp Broadcast to attain the biggest wide variety of clients in the shortest amount of time.
- To create a broadcast message, the user must first create a new broadcast list and add the desired contacts.
- Once the list is created, the user can compose and send a message to the entire list.
- The message will be delivered to each contact.
- The recipients will not be able to see who else received the message.
WhatsApp groups V/S WhatsApp broadcasts
WhatsApp groups and WhatsApp broadcasts are two different features. They allow users to communicate with multiple people at once. While they may seem similar, there are some key differences between the two.
1. Firstly, WhatsApp groups allow all members to see and respond to each other’s messages. This makes them ideal for
- group discussions
- planning events
- staying in touch with a group of friends or colleagues
In the group, they can see everyone’s contact information and engage in chats with each other.
Whereas, WhatsApp broadcast messages are sent to many recipients but each recipient receives the message and cannot see who else received it. When the recipient replies to the message, the chat will continue in a personal chat room other than in a group chat. As a result, only messages sent by the user will be seen in the broadcast group.
2. Secondly, WhatsApp groups have a limit of 256 members. While there is no limit to the number of recipients for a broadcast message. This makes broadcast messages useful for
- sending out announcements
- updates to a large number of people at once
such as a business sending out a promotional message to its customers.
Both WhatsApp groups and broadcast messages allow for communication with many people at once. They serve different purposes and have their own unique features. Understanding these differences can help users make the most of these features and communicate more with their contacts.
Why Use WhatsApp broadcasts for Customer Engagement?
With the ability to send messages to multiple recipients at once, businesses can quickly and easily communicate
- important information
- updates to their customer base.
- One of the biggest advantages of using WhatsApp broadcast for customer engagement is the ability to personalize messages.
- By segmenting customers into different groups, businesses can tailor their messages to specific audiences, increasing the likelihood of engagement and conversion.
- Additionally, WhatsApp broadcast allows for real-time communication, enabling businesses to respond to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely manner. This can help build trust and loyalty with customers, ultimately leading to increased sales and revenue.
- By personalizing messages and providing real-time communication, businesses can increase engagement and build lasting relationships with their customer base.
How to Set Up WhatsApp Broadcast Lists?
WhatsApp broadcast lists are used to send messages to many contacts at once. To set up a broadcast list:-
- First, open WhatsApp and tap on the “Broadcast Lists” option in the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, tap on the “New List” button and select the contacts you want to add to the list. You can also add contacts by typing their names in the search bar.
- Once you have selected your contacts, tap on the “Create” button. You will now be able to send messages to this list just like you would with any other chat.
- The messages will be delivered to each contact. So they will not be able to see who else received the message.
It’s important to note that broadcast lists are limited to 256 contacts. So if you need to send a message to more than 256 people. You will need to create multiple lists. Additionally, if someone replies to your broadcast message. It will only be sent to you and not to the other contacts on the list.
Tips to Use WhatsApp Broadcasting for Customer Engagement
Here are some tips you can use for WhatsApp broadcasting for customer engagement. Including the following:-
- Firstly, segment your audience and create relevant lists. This will help you send targeted messages to specific groups of customers.
- Secondly, personalize your messages by addressing the recipient by name. And using a friendly tone. This will make your customers feel valued and appreciated.
- Finally, use WhatsApp Broadcast sparingly. Only send messages that are relevant and valuable to your customers.
You can build strong relationships with your customers and increase brand loyalty by
- segmenting your audience
- personalizing your messages
- sending valuable content
Requirements For Using WhatsApp Broadcasting
The Broadcast List feature sanctions you to send a message or media to more than one contact at the identical time. While the free WhatsApp broadcast function is convenient and handy to utilize. The WhatsApp Business version has concrete requisites. The verbally expressed requirements are as follows:-
- All contacts on the Broadcast list must be saved in the sender’s number on their phones. Otherwise, they will not receive the business’ broadcast.
- Each Broadcast list is only constrained to 256 contacts per broadcast.
- Users can send illimitable broadcasts. But it is not possible to distribute personalized information to each contact. Such as including their designations in the message.
Recipients who have not saved the sender’s number in their contacts will not receive the message. The WhatsApp broadcast feature is a convenient way to send a message to many contacts at once. But it is important to keep in mind its limitations.